Monday, November 12, 2007

Bard celebrates Blanchot

On the evening of Thursday, November 15th, the French Studies Program at Bard College in the Hudson Valley (two hours north of New York City) presents an evening to celebrate the centenary of Maurice Blanchot.

Beginning at 7pm with "A Brief Introduction to Maurice Blanchot" by Éric Trudel, the programme of events includes George Quasha on publishing Blanchot in America, Pierre Joris reading from his translation of The Unavowable Community (a new edition would be nice guys!), Charlotte Mandell reading from her translation of A Voice from Elsewhere and the poet Robert Kelly reading P. Adams Sitney's essay On Blanchot.

In intervals between readings, Bard's Conservatory of Music will provided music referenced in A Voice from Elsewhere: some Schumann and a movement from Messiaen's Quatuor pour la fin du temps.

2 comments:

  1. What a great looking evening. I wish I could get up there. Ugh! But alas, I'm stuck here in Brooklyn working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say a quick hello - I came across your blog while looking for critical responses to Rosalind Belben (I haven't found any). I look forward to reading the rest of your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete

Contact

Please email me at steve dot mitchelmore at gmail dot com.

Blog Archive

Contact steve dot mitchelmore at gmail.com. Powered by Blogger.